Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Eyes are a Window to the Soul


Link to National Geographic Article

The original picture of this girl was taken the year I was born.  Because of my love of National Geographic and because of the popularity of the picture, I have seen it many many times and have speculated, more than once, on the story behind those magnificent eyes.  The true story, however, and the more current photograph shake me.  I find myself being haunted by those eyes, especially when I see the pictures side by side.   The stunning young girl looking fiercely at life and into the future, and then . . . . the future.  I don't even know how to put into words all that I can see in those eyes, all that I feel when I try to imagine the lives that people actually live.  What will life make of me and of my eyes and what am I to take and do with stories such as this?  

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Where can I find the rest of her story?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rob. If you click on THE STORY it is a link to the article. If there is more of her story somewhere else idk. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete