Thursday, May 10, 2012

Who is me?

I watched the vow tonight.  I enjoy chick flicks.  I heard someone explain once, "cheesy chick flicks are like wrapping yourself in a warm blanket."  I like that, and kind of agree with it.  I also love sappy love songs and sunsets, maybe I hung out with my mother a little too much as a child or something.  Anyways, the movie really got me thinking.  Who am I . . . really?  If I were the girl who suffered the brain trauma in the movie, would there be a common space I would move into?  In searching for that answer, I have been looking through this blog and seeing what things have stuck out to me and inspired me.  One thing I found was this quote; “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” What is my originalNESS?  The root of that word is origin.  So, when I was a kid I was a crazy friendly cowboy with lots of energy.  I wanted to be just like John Wayne, but is that origin the real me?   I don't know if I honestly have any originality in me.  The person I am today or the person I feel that I am today seems to be just a hoarders warehouse of stolen ideas, beliefs, manor isms, clothing, etc. . .  I look at people I admire and to ideas that I agree with and let those things mold me, but what is the medium being molded.  What is the true me?  I don't know if I know. 

(old pics of me playing on photo booth)
 




No comments:

Post a Comment